Twitter icon
Facebook icon
RSS icon
YouTube icon


Unit 18--Filing a Grievance

A cornerstone of labor-management relations is the ability of an emplyee or the union to fairly and securely address situations where the MOU is not implemented correctly by the administration.  The grievance process is outlined in Article 32 of the Unit 18 MOU, and it has strict timelines for filing a grievance.  If you have questions or are concerned about your rights under the MOU, please get in touch with a UC-AFT representative right away.  

To file a grievance, you can work with your field rep or local steward to identify the sections of the MOU that have been violated.  Once the violations are identified, you or the union on your behalf will submit a completed grievance form to the office of Labor Relations.  

Please get in touch with a UC-AFT representative right away if you have concerns about the contract and your rights.